what does your 6 year old girl watch on TV?

(6 Posts)
fassbender Sun 17-Apr-16 11:10:07

Just looking to see how it compares to my DD - she doesn't watch much but does like Mako Mermaids on Netflix (we set it for 'young children' programmes only). DD is getting to have a complete attitude, she is hard work and I sometimes wonder if what she watches has an impact? Would love to hear what other 6 years watch, thanks.

Parietal Sun 17-Apr-16 21:54:33

only Ceebies and a few on CBBC. The art ones (like Mister Maker / Art Ninja) are very popular, and so is Dengineers and Spotbots.

SeratoninIsMyFriend Sun 17-Apr-16 22:19:05

My 7.5 yr old loves mako mermaids, she also likes Barbie & my little pony despite never playing with the toys, and some that her 4.5 yr old brother enjoys - they both love Justin Time and are constantly spouting facts it has taught them! Other than that, blue peter was a fave last year as well as the next step (DD is a ballet dancer). Found this stage a bit tricky as they transition to older programmes, when some are aimed at much older kids...

neolara Sun 17-Apr-16 22:20:26

My little pony. Scooby doo..

DubiousCredentials Sun 17-Apr-16 22:21:56

H2O just add water
Mako Mermaids
The Next Step
Wolfblood
Teen Titans
Mr Bean
Horrible Histories
Art Ninja

She is just 7.

fassbender Mon 18-Apr-16 16:17:30

Thanks all, DD is just 6 so I am thinking that Mako Mermaids is a bit too old for her - she loves it though! Not helped by the fact her 8 year old brother also (secretly) likes it too. It is hard as she isn't as keen on CBeebies any more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now