How often does your 11 year old shower/bath?

(19 Posts)
Spidermama Sat 16-Apr-16 17:10:44

I have real trouble getting DS3 to bathe. His siblings end up shooting at him because he gets smelly but he seems to have no shame.
How often does yours shower.

Any good tips on getting people with no shame to shower would be most welcome.

Spidermama Sat 16-Apr-16 17:11:49

Shouting at him, not 'shooting'. blush

Palomb Sat 16-Apr-16 17:12:13

DD 11 would never wash or Brush her teeth if I didn't enforce it. She's a bit of a minger sometimes grin

At the moment I'm pushing for a shower every other day.

DarkBlueEyes Sat 16-Apr-16 17:14:02

Mine is a total soap dodger. I manage about twice a week with a massive kick up the butt. It pains me.

ApologiesToInsectLife Sat 16-Apr-16 17:14:47

Dd is 11 and getting her to care about washing is a nightmare! I have to nag daily about putting on deodorant and she sometimes lies about doing it as she whiff at the end of the day sometimes. At the moment she's showering about 3 times a week but really it needs to be more .

ApologiesToInsectLife Sat 16-Apr-16 17:16:11

I think they just need to be bribed/forced/blackmailed into showering at this age as they just don't care enough.

Lucsy Sat 16-Apr-16 17:18:55

Ds 12 every day with a reminder
Dd 11 every other day with a massive fucking strip and claims she had one yesterday

Getting ds to use deodorant. A bloody nightmare and he needs to

kimlo Sat 16-Apr-16 17:20:14

Everyday, but thats always been her routine.

Sometimes she cant be bothered and says nobody else has to shower everyday, and Im really unfair. Then shes in there for ages.

BertrandRussell Sat 16-Apr-16 17:21:04

"You smell. Get in the shower"

PhoebeMcPeePee Sat 16-Apr-16 17:21:20

DS1 is a total soap dodger but I've found getting a daily morning shower part of the routine far easier in the long run. Was definitely a battle for the first week or so but now there isn't any of the old debate about when he last washed & doing it tomorrow/tonight. He also now has his own shower gel which he seems to smell of afterwards so hopefully there is at least some washing going on and then he always has a long soak after football. He's probably the cleanest in the house now grin

SavoyCabbage Sat 16-Apr-16 17:22:38

My dd is 12 and she has a shower every morning. I think it's either you can't keep them out or you can't get them in.

iMatter Sat 16-Apr-16 17:24:11

Every day.

Ds1 (11) loves to lie in the bath for over half an hour every evening. I have to nag him to get out.

Floggingmolly Sat 16-Apr-16 17:25:08

Every day. But only when herded in with a cattle prod...

FairyBiker Sat 16-Apr-16 17:26:47

Ds is 10 has a shower every other day before school. But that's only because he's put it off from the night before. So far it's working, I don't expect it to last for ever

Stoneagemum Sat 16-Apr-16 19:38:18

I'm with Bert, I was a little ruder thou, "you stink, shower now, use soap"

TitaniumSpider Sat 16-Apr-16 19:41:36

A shower every morning and a bath whenever they want - sometimes once a week and sometimes less often. She also showers after sports so x3 a week.

anxiousmamma Mon 18-Apr-16 14:28:43

Mine (girl, age 11) hates begin made to shower or brush her teeth. We make her shower every other day, unless we forget, which sometimes we do. It becomes obvious after a day or so though!! I tried encouraging her by letting her choose her own shower gel which works to a point. I think she enjoys it once she's in (hard to get her out then!!) but she never likes the idea of it.

biscuitkumquat Mon 18-Apr-16 14:33:03

DS(11) showers every morning before school.

For the first 6 months while I had to virtually chase him in, and now it's just part of the morning routine.

Weekends however are slightly more challenging.

dementedpixie Mon 18-Apr-16 14:33:49

Dd (12) is also a soap dodger. I aim to get her in there every 2 days. During the holidays we kinda slip a little though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now