3 year old constant moaning suddenly and not happy...HELP my sanity

(4 Posts)
jellybean321 Sat 09-Apr-16 14:41:06

Im losing the will..... my son has just turned three and in the last two weeks has become impossible to please. He is normally a happy and excitable little boy but he hasn't stopped whining and moaning for two weeks now. He keeps saying he is sad but dosent know why and nearly constantly makes a low level whine/moan sound ALL the time! he has started crying at the slightest thing and unhappy about everything we do. Even when heading to the park (his fav thing usually) he is dragging his feet behind us and refusing to walk there...constantly wanting to be carried! He had started to drop his sleep but now is asking to go to bed in the day..almost as if he is bored and doesn't know what to do. (yet we offer plenty of toys to play with) Anyone any advise as im at the end of my tether...Nothing different has changed apart from him starting potty training 2 weeks ago and that is no bother to him as he cracked it straight away. He has seemt to cut back on drinks oddly which I am trying to encourage him to drink more. HELPx

jellybean321 Sun 10-Apr-16 08:24:03

Anyonesmile x

insancerre Sun 10-Apr-16 08:26:10

Maybe he is bored
Does he go to nursery or preschool?

BotBotticelli Mon 11-Apr-16 13:44:20

I would maybe get GP to check for low level ear infection or something that's making him miserable? If you rule that out then I would conclude its probably a combination of tiredness from dropping the nap (he will get used to it in a couple of months) or him just being a "threenager".

Does he go to nursery or preschool at all? If not he is probably really ready for it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now