2..5 year old DD likes to strip naked at home (mostly)!

(13 Posts)
nilly1306 Wed 06-Apr-16 14:53:33

My 2.5 year old DD likes to strip naked, and won't put her clothes on. What's worse is she keeps touching her bottom (anus). Is this normal? Should I consult my GP about her obsession with her bottom?

Mightywease Wed 06-Apr-16 15:13:08

My husband still likes to do this and he's 48 grin

Seriously I don't think it is anything to worry about, it sounds pretty normal to me. My nearly four year old runs around in the nude playing with his willy! I am sure he will grow out of it...by the time he is 50!!

Kraggle Wed 06-Apr-16 15:15:11

My just 3 year old is the same. At home I'm constantly met with cries of "I want to be naked!" She's started to refuse a vest or pyjamas at night too so goes to sleep in just her night time nappy.

If I won't let her strip off I have to compromise by taking her socks off!

vvviola Wed 06-Apr-16 15:16:49

Running around nude is a pretty usual thing at that age or attempting to put on all the clothes in the cupboard at once

As for the other part - it could be that it's a bit sore/itchy. If she's still in nappies, could she have a bit of nappy rash?

redhat Wed 06-Apr-16 15:16:57

my 10 and 8 year olds are currently running around naked blush

Is the fact that she likes being naked an issue for you? I would encourage her not to touch her bottom. Have you asked her whether it is itchy? She might have worms.

CutYourHairAndGetAJob Wed 06-Apr-16 15:19:40

I think most toddlers do this and I can't see a problem tbh

nilly1306 Wed 06-Apr-16 17:43:06

Thank you all for your comments. Redhat, it's not so much her being named at home that worries me it's more that she does it when we have guests too. Even so I think I can more or l ess deal with that, but touching her bottom bothers me most. I have looked but cannot see any signs, although saying that I wouldn't know what the signs would be, of worms. Any advice?

nilly1306 Wed 06-Apr-16 17:45:41

I should mention that, she has been potty trained now for the last 6 months.

nilly1306 Wed 06-Apr-16 17:48:59

Being named at home....Should have been ...Being naked at home. Silly autocorrect.

redhat Wed 06-Apr-16 18:26:54

If she does have worms it will be more uncomfortable at night and that's the best time to spot them. Unfortunately the only way to tell is to have a very close look at her anus or examine her poo. you will often see the worms wriggling about. Like a half cm piece of white cotton wriggling around.

Cleaning her hands very thoroughly is vital since they are very easily transferred. If she has them then treat the whole family and go around cleaning door handles (if she can even reach them) and things that she touches regularly.

Booboostwo Wed 06-Apr-16 19:59:07

It's perfectly normal behaviour. My DD spent the summer of her third year running around naked, guests or no guests. I am still not sure what is bothering you.

00100001 Wed 06-Apr-16 20:04:38

Let her run around naked - guests present or not. No-one is going to pay that much attention to her really.

If they have a problem with a toddler running round nudey, then the problem is theirs alone, and they can avert their eyes.

If you're concerned about anyone seeing her naked because of abuse,then they shouldn't be around DD even when she's dressed. So problem solved there.

If it's you that is embarrassed - why?

foragogo Wed 06-Apr-16 20:08:35

totally normal. my three all did/do this, one use to do it on the beach, in the park and once on a plane.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now