Can teething start at 14 weeks?

(7 Posts)
Queazy Tue 05-Apr-16 14:29:04

My DS is showing signs of teething - fussy with feeding and really gripping, runny stools, generally unsettled etc. He doesn't have red cheeks like my dd used to get. I think I can see a little white bump under the surface of his gums but surely it's too early at 14 weeks?? My dd didn't start all this for another 8-10 weeks. I know she's a different person though, so thought I'd ask for others views... Thank you!

meditrina Tue 05-Apr-16 17:21:53

Yes, it's possible. Some DC are even born with teeth and they can appear any time.

Hope it's not being too tough for him/you!

CorBlimeyTrousers Tue 05-Apr-16 17:26:11

Yes, as above some babies are born with teeth (!) I noticed two teeth cutting through our baby's gums at the bottom when he was about 17 weeks. And now he's 7 months he has three more appearing at the top. His brother was much older and I think the average for first teeth is 6 months.

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Tue 05-Apr-16 17:29:47

My best mate's DD was born with a tooth! So at 14 wo it could be teeth. My DD never had red cheeks when teething, just dribbly, moany and awful trying to go to sleep oh no that's all the time
Good luck. Just think of it as getting them out the way early!

Nicnak2223 Tue 05-Apr-16 17:31:45

My DS is 16 weeks and has been teething for the last 5 weeks. It's definitely possible. It has only been bothering him the last week though, Nuby do a teething aid that is shaped like a dummy for 2months + so they don't have to position it them selves.

InsaneDame Tue 05-Apr-16 19:44:37

My ds2 got his first tooth at 15 weeks, so yes it is very possible!

Queazy Wed 06-Apr-16 12:22:50

Thanks so much all. It turns out he has a virus and is now dosed up on calpol and nurofen sad I do think his teeth are bothering him though and so interesting to hear others with babies starting early. 16 weeks with a tooth - wow! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now