My 2 year old can

(29 Posts)
cornishglos Thu 03-Mar-16 23:26:41

What can your two year old do which surprises or impresses you?

TheGreatSnafu Fri 04-Mar-16 18:03:44

My 2 year old could have an entirely wee soaked cot with a completely dry nappy. I never could work out how he did it.

Hamsolo Fri 04-Mar-16 18:05:24

grin snafu

Chippednailvarnish Fri 04-Mar-16 18:07:17

My 2 year old could open a tub of sudocream and cover herself and her cot...

Ickythumpsmum Fri 04-Mar-16 21:34:25

My 2 year old can scream like he is being murderd for at least 20 mins refusing to eat his meal but the minute I look like I'm giving in and letting him leave the table he calms down and eats the lot. But he can tell when I don't mean it - there is no possibility for me to pretend or out wit him.

amysmummy12345 Fri 04-Mar-16 21:37:53

My two year old can still wake at 1:30am and 3:30am on the dot... Every night confused

Sunflower1985 Fri 04-Mar-16 21:44:40

Climb onto the windowsill
Climb onto the chest of drawers
Climb on to the dining room table

Seriously - who taught him to do all that!?!

RubyChewsDay Fri 04-Mar-16 21:49:55

Get her pjs on, brush her teeth & get a nappy out of the storage box, without being asked.
I was very impressed, when she was sat on the bed waiting for a story after doing that.

She likes to potter around before bed grin

susan198130 Sat 05-Mar-16 17:55:32

He can recite the alphabet in order, knows all his letters to look at and can count to 14! So impressed with my little genius!

bimandbam Sat 05-Mar-16 17:57:16

Swear like trooper apparently. For fucks sake being his current favourite.

Ffs.

jimpam Sat 05-Mar-16 17:58:21

bimandbam grin my MIL was horrified at DS saying "oh god", might show her this thread

Quodlibet Sat 05-Mar-16 18:04:21

Mine knows her left and right at 2.3 which I find weird. It's from riding on the bike with her dad and helping him indicate!

bimandbam Sat 05-Mar-16 18:05:51

I don't know where he gets it.

I only swear under my breath these days. Little fucker got bat ears apparently. grin

Jesabel Sat 05-Mar-16 18:06:05

Mine has started reciting numbers and pointing out triangles. I was impressed until DP pointed out it was from watching back to back episodes of Team Umizoomi blush

TeaPleaseLouise Sat 05-Mar-16 18:11:24

Mine has an amazing sense of direction. As I really don't, this fascinates and baffles me.

winchester1 Sat 05-Mar-16 18:12:21

Tantrum about everything
Light a match
Set up a fire (paper, kindling etc)
Move his one yr old sister by the neck
Ride his car while pulling his sisters with his other arm
Load and start the washing machine and dishwasher obv he doesn't know the correct settings
Ski a little

Scream so loud I'm very glad we live remotely and keep ear defenders in the house grin

Rinceoir Sat 05-Mar-16 18:23:24

My 22month old has a strange need to assign ownership to every single object in the house. She gets quite affronted if I pick up daddy's phone or a mug she has decided is his!

winchester1 Sat 05-Mar-16 18:27:53

rinceoir you can totally use this stage to your advantage tell them all the good stuff is yours and that daddy does the nappy changes, its awesome and very funny when OH is told off for driving my car etc and also gets to do all the pooey nappies grin

BrightandEarly Sat 05-Mar-16 20:38:23

My not yet two year old can say please, thank you, sorry, excuse me and bless you all at the appropriate moments and completely unprompted. I'm raising a proper little gentleman.

My 3.5 year old can't won't though confused

Rinceoir Sun 06-Mar-16 11:21:13

Bright- mine is very polite too. Also after being told not to demand things but ask nicely, she now flutters her eyelashes and says "peppa please, ask nicely".

chipface Sun 06-Mar-16 11:33:38

Mine can always find a dummy.

Even when I've hidden them all in the highest kitchen cupboard.

If I take one off him, he'll run off and come back 2 mins later with a different one in his mouth.

I swear he has a secret stash somewhere...

WutheringFrights Sun 06-Mar-16 11:41:50

My 2 year old can undo his car seat belt and get out of his carseat while I am driving. Mothercare told my husband they do not recommended the seat belt locks as they prevent egress from the vehicle in an emergency. I'm fairly sure a two year old running around a moving campervan is pretty dangerous...

He can climb into his high chair, then on to the table to raid the fruit bowl.

However, he doesn't seem to have worked out how to climb out of his cot...yet...

cornishglos Sun 06-Mar-16 18:15:06

Amazing 2 year olds! Mine can recite the alphabet, and memorise favourite songs and books. He can make a sandwich. Surprised me when he said he was going to, and did. It involved a lot of chair dragging around the kitchen.

moreginrequired Sun 06-Mar-16 23:58:51

My two year old can blackmail. "X, can you help mummy and pass me a nappy for baby y?"
Response "button" shockshock

Keen ability to swear like a trooper in the least appropriate places
Remembers everything I've ever said or everywhere we've ever been

Amazing watching little people and characters emerge smilesmile

oldlaundbooth Mon 07-Mar-16 18:48:35

'Response "button"'

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now