Baby screams in the car

(3 Posts)
Fuzzyduck21 Wed 24-Feb-16 22:35:57

My son is 5 months old. I've bought a mirror, various toys etc but nothing works. Been this way since birth. Much much better when he has company in the back but obviously this is not always possible. Any suggestions? Worried about what it's doing to him. Don't want him to associate cars with crying but equally need to go out. He only cries when the car is moving and will happily sit in the seat at other times so don't think seat is the issue.

Help sad x

BunloafAndCrumpets Wed 24-Feb-16 23:00:26

Could you try playing some music he's familiar with in the car? A nursery rhyme album we had worked for my daughter! We normally play it at home so maybe she associates it with being happy. Good luck.

Mummybare Wed 24-Feb-16 23:08:52

Mine was like this when he was wee. I think it may have been a bit of reflux. Maybe if he has a dummy you could give it to him in the car? I can't remember when DS grew out of it but he's coming up to 18 months and has been fine in the car for ages so hopefully it won't carry on too long for you. It's very distressing - I remember it well flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now