Ds (2) hitting! Very aggressively

(2 Posts)
BlueBalloon18 Wed 24-Feb-16 19:55:02

My lovely, lively, happy ds who will be 2 in a couple weeks has started hitting. At first I thought it was a phase so didn't pay too much attention to it, just told him to stop and that it was naughty. Then when it didn't stop we tried time out and that no longer isn't working for hitting. I've never hit him and he doesn't go to nursery so no idea where it's come from but he does it with the full intent to hurt. He will aim straight for the face and if he doesn't get a good clean swipe he will continue until he does, sometimes even using objects.
He will do it out of nowhere, we can be happily playing together and he will just walk up to me and hit me.
I need any advise to stop this before he hurts another child. I'm literally at my wits end! Help.

BrightandEarly Fri 26-Feb-16 14:22:53

I would say he's probably a little young for time outs. How about taking his hand gently and saying 'no' quite firmly? And not giving it much attention beyond that, because he's probably just trying what reaction he will get, and the more you react the more interesting this game becomes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now