Friend's DS (2) keeps scratching/hitting other children

(6 Posts)
EnoughAlready999 Sat 20-Feb-16 09:58:31

My friend's son has started hitting/pushing/scratching other children and it is getting her down. I never had any trouble like this with my own so I don't know what to suggest. He doesn't understand that what he's doing is wrong and will say sorry but doesn't know why he's saying sorry. Its usually with children the same height as him and sometimes will be because they're in his way, have a toy he wants or are just 'there'.

Please help!

EnoughAlready999 Sat 20-Feb-16 16:16:16

Anyone?!

Branleuse Sat 20-Feb-16 16:23:44

its REALLY common. Just be there for your friend. This is a phase that can really isolate people.

AlmaMartyr Sat 20-Feb-16 16:37:15

It is very common. Your poor friend. Agree with Branleuse that you should be there for her so she doesn't end up isolated. It must be very stressful for her.

SevenSeconds Sat 20-Feb-16 17:02:59

DC3 went through this phase - agree it is very stressful. I found the best way of dealing with it was to give him ONE warning and then, if it happened again, take him straight home. It's annoying if you've just arrived somewhere, but it was the only technique that worked.

EnoughAlready999 Sat 20-Feb-16 22:22:50

Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now