Feel awful :-(

(5 Posts)
Whereisthewine Tue 09-Feb-16 11:01:49

Ended up screaming at my autistic daughter (8yrs) this morning after attempting to get her to eat something, anything for breakfast, and the whole while trying to get out the house in time to drop her at school and other child at nursery so I can get to work on time. she then decided to throw her breakfast snack on the ground outside because I asked her to get into the car and I swore at her :-( I feel so disgusted with myself that I allowed myself to get so angry. Does anyone have any coping suggestions for moments like these? Finding it incredibly difficult to cope in these situations

ValiantMouse Tue 09-Feb-16 15:44:58

I don't think there's a parent born who hasn't lost their rag at some point. Forgive yourself.

If you're worried about being late, can you get everyone up a bit earlier on a morning?

starpatch Tue 09-Feb-16 20:41:09

Sorry no suggestions but reading with interest I find it very difficult too when we need to get somewhere on time and say things I regret

RoseDeWittBukater Tue 09-Feb-16 20:43:24

If you've made it this far into ASD parenting without losing it you're a saint! I lose it with DS1 daily.

Whereisthewine Tue 09-Feb-16 23:05:20

Thank you all, good to know I'm not alone. Just finding the flare ups very hard going and the not knowing what the trigger factors are 😔 It's exhausting but must be exhausting for my DD too as she gets herself in such a state.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now