nearly 10 month son not crawling

(11 Posts)
Amywallace Tue 26-Jan-16 13:10:01

I'm getting really worried about my son he's nearly 10 months old and not crawling...my youngest was premature and was moving around by now.
He's happy enough to sit there and bum shuffle now and again or lay on his front and slide backwards but that's it...anyone else littles ones the same??
HELP!!!

JustABigBearAlan Tue 26-Jan-16 13:12:32

My eldest was over 1 when he first crawled. Youngest however was on the move at 6 months. Don't panic, they are all different.

If you're happy with how he's doing otherwise I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Artandco Tue 26-Jan-16 13:13:11

If it's any help neither of mine crawled until over 1 year. Crawled about 2 weeks then started running basically.

SaveSomeSpendSome Tue 26-Jan-16 13:14:16

My dd whos now 3 years old didnt sit up still 8 months old, crawled at 12 months old, pulled herself into a standing position at 12 months old and walked at 15 months old.

No development problems.

Amywallace Tue 26-Jan-16 13:17:36

Thank you for your reassuring, it's good to hear it X

BeeMyBaby Tue 26-Jan-16 14:41:45

My DD didn't crawl until 10 months (didn't even bother to bum shuffle) and didn't walk till 17 months, however by around 18 months you couldn't tell that she had been so slow and had caught up with her peers.

youlemming Tue 26-Jan-16 15:02:40

DD1 didn't crawl until 11m and that was quite sudden going from no indication she was trying (usually rocking on hands and knees) then within 4-5 wks was walking. Up until 11m she was quite happy to just sit or roll (rolled at 20wks), there was no shuffling.

DD2 is 6m, rolled at 12 wks and is close to getting up and her hands and knees. So they are all very different and I'm sure he will get there in his own time and the fact that he is on the move in other ways is good.

Maybe it's a size thing, DD2 is smaller than DD1 so maybe fines it easier to move herself around, could be the same if your other child was smaller (assumption on the comment of being prem)

MiaowTheCat Tue 26-Jan-16 15:58:39

DD1 was 9 months when she started rolling, 11 months when she started commando crawling, almost 18 months when she started walking. You'd never know it now though!

JustAWeeProblem Tue 26-Jan-16 21:59:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

scarednoob Wed 27-Jan-16 22:13:39

Apparently I never crawled at all; just sat on my arse for ages, then got up and walked. My friend's mum was telling me last week that she was the same. So try not to worry.

I know that's easier said than done!

drila Thu 28-Jan-16 08:49:42

My ds crawled at 11 months. He always wanted to walk (with our help) and cruising and seemed little interested to crawling. Now he is one and walk unaided for short distances and crawls all the time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now