how do you manage to give each child some own time?

(5 Posts)
WeetabixExpress Tue 26-Jan-16 10:53:03

Thats it really. Mother of 3, works full time. Amazing kids but very needy of my time when at home. I really want to give each child some own time with me but if I take one child to the side the others get upset, and I dont want anyone to feel left out. Please gove me some ideas how you manage giving your child me time. Thank you!

MirandaWest Tue 26-Jan-16 10:54:53

I read to both of mine at bed time. They go to bed at different times so it works for us. I find my older one especially will tend to open up then to me when he wouldn't at other times

BertrandRussell Tue 26-Jan-16 10:59:23

I think different bedtimes are essential. But finding things you can do as a 4 is good too- it gives you an opportunity to help them build their relationship as siblings too- which I think it often forgotten.

My FIL was one of 9- his parents used to actually book appointments with each child to make sure that they had time with each one on their own! Not sure I would recommend that.........grin

Juanbablo Tue 26-Jan-16 12:10:10

Staggered bedtimes! I don't work so ds2 gets my time all day. Once he is in bed dh and I alternate reading with dd and doing homework with ds1. Then one of us takes dd up to bed and reads to her. Then ds1 gets time with us reading or watching tv. Every now and then one of us will take one of them off to do something alone.

Mamamoose1 Tue 26-Jan-16 13:54:47

We have staggered bedtimes too, I find it hard to give them my uninterrupted attention if all three are in the same room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now