Daughter has been suspended from school until Monday

(12 Posts)
WhenTheDragonsCame Thu 21-Jan-16 21:38:50

Hi

DD1 (14) has gotten herself suspended from school until Monday. As a consequence I have removed internet until then as well. My plan is to make her sit at the dinning room table and do school type work for most of the day tomorrow. Her maths teacher has sent home some work for her to do but I want to try and fine some more. Can anybody recommend any worksheets that I can get her to complete?

Thank you.

DancingDuck Thu 21-Jan-16 22:09:06

Go online to BBC Bitesize. They have worksheets for all subjects at all levels.

cosytoaster Thu 21-Jan-16 22:13:21

Also Corbett maths have loads of videos and sheets.

elephantoverthehill Thu 21-Jan-16 22:13:59

Um the school should provide work and we usually e-mail it. Could it be sent to you? If you have taken away internet she can't access bitesize.

Philoslothy Thu 21-Jan-16 22:14:17

The school should have given you a pack of work to complete. I would give them a call.

ravenAK Thu 21-Jan-16 22:19:00

School are actually obliged to provide work, but it doesn't always happen as teachers just don't get time...

If she's started gcse English literature, she could create a mind map of quotations for the main characters in her set text, or a storyboard of the structure. Or for English language - read an article in a broadsheet newspaper. Highlight the topic sentences. Write a precis of the article for an imaginary grumpy & impatient boss - must include all the important detail but reduce the word count by at least a third.

You can register yourself for the TES website and find worksheets for pretty much anything.

Otherwise, look in her books to see what she's been doing recently and then get her to research it further online and make revision posters?

WhenTheDragonsCame Thu 21-Jan-16 22:31:09

Thank you.

The school have provided a couple of maths worksheets so far. They might send some more tomorrow but I wanted to be prepared in case they don't. I don't want her thinking that suspension is just sitting around having fun!

She is in year 9 so hasn't started her gcse work yet. I will have a look at your suggestions.

SugarDiabetes Thu 21-Jan-16 22:31:12

School doesn't have to provide work for a one day suspension.

Good on you, OP, making her face the consequences.

Philoslothy Fri 22-Jan-16 07:38:07

Sorry didn't see that it was one day, although good practice would be to provide work. TES resources should be able to help out or getrevising.co.uk

WhenTheDragonsCame Sun 24-Jan-16 18:25:50

Thank you. I got sent some maths homework and printed a big pile off. She sat down with me from about 9 until 2 with a couple of breaks. She has had no Internet and not been allowed out since so hopefully next time she "feels angry" she will find a better way of dealing with it!

Philoslothy Sun 24-Jan-16 18:53:24

Good work OP smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now