Is this normal?

(8 Posts)
Natedogg Sat 16-Jan-16 19:07:41

Just a bit of advice really, since you're all so helpful! I have a 15 month old dc who is very sweet loving and active. He does a couple of things though that just totally weird me out and I was wondering if they were 'normal'.

He basically will roar at the the top of his lungs, generally when he's happy. It's not everyday that he does it but it always takes me by surprise at how bloody loud it is. It's so guttural!

He's a very loud vocal baby anyway. He's very sociable and tends to get quite exited.

I'm definitely prone to being a bit anxious and spend a lot of my time reading into behaviour when I know I should just relax and enjoy him. He just seems quite verbose compared to other children.

Quoteunquote Sat 16-Jan-16 21:11:32

At least he enjoys expressing himself, I wouldn't worry.

mumtogingernut Sat 16-Jan-16 21:14:44

Little boys are noisy especially when they are excited. Sounds normal to me having brought up two boys and meet 100s of children through work. Be glad he has moments of such happiness! My grandma who is 90 always says its when they're quiet you need to be worrying somethings wrong.

PurplePotatoes Sat 16-Jan-16 21:15:32

He's probably just enjoying the noises he can make smile I was a bit like that though - I had no experience with kids and spent the first 18 months of my daughters life worrying about why she did this, that and the other - she's now 2 and I've come to realise that babies are just really weird sometimes!! gringrin

RebeccaRHY1 Sat 16-Jan-16 21:23:01

With two toddler boys in my house i sympathise with the noise! Both my boys growl at eachother! Roar, shout scream. Maybe its a boy thing!? But i wouldnt worry at all!

Artistic Sat 16-Jan-16 21:57:02

I have a DD the same age and she tends to do this when she laughs. As in she throws her head back and laughs as loudly as she can. I feel like she's testing her own strength & ability to express. It's amazing! I love it. Wouldn't be worried if I were you.

Natedogg Sat 16-Jan-16 23:37:45

Thank you. I'll try not to be so anxious, and just put some ear plugs in!

soundsystem Mon 18-Jan-16 10:12:31

Oh, yeah, my DD (14 months) does this too, it's one of my favourite noises! I know what you mean, though, it just seems so.. primal, somehow! She does it when she's excited/laughing a lot, or when she sees someone she's not expecting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now