extra help for my 4 year old

(3 Posts)
jenzxx Mon 11-Jan-16 13:43:02

hi i was wondering if any of you lovely ladies have any advice on getting my son some extra help in school. he finds it hard to cope in large groups and can not focus on one activity at a time which as had a big impact on hes learning progress and hes currently behind. he also has been referred to a speech speech therapist 3 months ago but I've not heard anything since. I have had endless amount of meetings with the school but just seem to be fobbed off. i need some advice so when i go for my meeting with the headteacher next week i have some ammo so my son no longer gets ignored. many thanks

Ferguson Mon 11-Jan-16 19:02:48

I assume he is in Reception? I wouldn't anticipate him getting much extra help, other than from a TA or sympathetic parent helper, until he specific needs become a bit more obvious.

MANY Reception children find school a bit tough-going at first.

MiniCooperLover Mon 11-Jan-16 20:05:56

My DS is 4.5 and also struggling a little in his reception year. Our schools Senco is really good and we've already had a conversation about how to help him concentrate more, hopefully settle in. Also he's had a hearing test which shows glue ear so we are hoping when that is resolved he'll be able to concentrate better. Is there any chance your child has hearing issues?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now