Toddler poo

(6 Posts)
shoopshoopsong Thu 07-Jan-16 17:40:12

Sorry to be gross I'm not a poo troll I just am slightly concerned about my toddler's poo.

He's 21 months old and he did go through a stage about 4 months old where it was normal solid poo but now it's back to the gross stuff and always seems to be always runny/ diarrhoea like. My mum reckons toddler diarrhoea is normal but this is just most of the time it doesn't seem normal and I'm not sure why or what to do so any advice welcome!

dementedpixie Thu 07-Jan-16 18:30:04

Does he eat a lot of fruit/fruit juices? They normally say to reduce high fibre foods, reduce fruit juices and to increase fat in the diet.

shoopshoopsong Thu 07-Jan-16 19:22:09

Thanks for replying. Only occasionally has squash, mostly just water, today fruit wise he had a banana and satsuma is that too much? Any suggestions of good high fat foods?

dementedpixie Thu 07-Jan-16 19:32:00

Full fat cheese, milk, yoghurt, etc

don't know if this pdf link will work

shoopshoopsong Thu 07-Jan-16 19:42:34

Thanks, I think I've been avoiding giving him much dairy because was worried it was bad for his eczema. Maybe I need to go back to it and see if it does actually make a difference

shoopshoopsong Thu 07-Jan-16 19:55:16

Just read through the link and it's really helpful thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now