At breaking point!

(7 Posts)
Beautifulbella Thu 24-Dec-15 17:00:48

My five month old, has always been such a happy lo, until around a week ago all dad has been doing is crying or whinging. She's not teething, not hungry etc. I just don't know what to do, when I carry her around she seems content but the moment I put her down all hell breaks lose. She never cared about being put down before, I'm finding this really difficult, and I know it's only been one week but when I say she whinges or city's I mean constantly unless she's held or your playing a certain type of games she enjoys. Really don't know what to do, I'm become snappy and that's not me, any suggestions and please no harsh comments that make me feel even more of a failure than I do now.

YeOldeTrout Thu 24-Dec-15 17:43:17

Isn't she old enough for painkillers? Does she get better if you give her some Calpol?

Beautifulbella Thu 24-Dec-15 18:17:32

I haven't tried any pain relief including calpol as nothing seems to be able physically wrong with her. She seems healthy and by in pain, just whingey

YeOldeTrout Thu 24-Dec-15 21:53:48

If calpol calms her down then you would know she was in pain.
That would give you more information than you have now.
If it doesn't work, you don't keep using it.

Hannit Sat 26-Dec-15 14:20:48

I'll be honest this sounds the same as my little one, and I know it's annoying when people tell you it's just a phase.. It really was for me.. It went on for about two weeks to the point I would cry too as I thought it was something I was doing but honestly. To be honest.. I don't think just "trying calpol" will work I think you can tell by the cries and you would know if she was in any pain. For me I just had to ignore it or when she is down on the floor try and entertain from a distance so if your tidying sing a song to her clap etc sounds silly but it worked for me. And your not a failure, if we all knew the answers to parenting then it would be no fun at all! Good luck xx

Hannit Sat 26-Dec-15 14:23:02

What I did find thinking back this was just before the point my little one became mobile so she may be getting frustrated with the fact she can't get about (if that's the case) after my one finished her 2 week meltdown she began coma do crawling now at 6.5 months she is crawling and standing all over the place and couldn't be happier x

Eastie77 Sun 27-Dec-15 17:10:53

Sounds normal to me. My DD went through a phase of becoming pretty hysterical every time I put her down when she was around 6 months. It went on for a while (sorry!) and there were many, many times I had to put her down and carry on with housework, having a shower to the backdrop of her screaming. It WILL pass. If she is not yet crawling you may find it improves dramatically once she is a bit more mobile. Don't think breaking out the Calpol would be at all helpfulhmm. It doesn't sound as if she is in pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now