tell me your kids strangest hiding places of things..

(13 Posts)
hartmel Wed 23-Dec-15 06:07:49

DS (age 2.3) loved to hide his bottle. We looked all day for it and couldn't find it. Well he put it in the new potty seat we bought (haven't used it yet as we will start potty training him after the holidays)
DD (age 1.2) just stated hiding things. This week I got a cooking pot out to cook and noticed in there her toys..

My kids have hide so many things I gave up looking and I asked him where it they didn't know what I wa talking about. smile

GinInAJamJar Wed 23-Dec-15 13:21:32

My boots! Have several times gone out and thought hmmm, this isn't very comfy and subsquently extracted a small toy spoon/piece of puzzle/sticklebrick.

And not a strange hiding place but if my DD (aged 20 months) sees anyones wallet/purse around (or sticking out of their bag on the floor/pocket hung up) she will 'relieve' them of it and put it in the bag she carries round on the back of her dolly's pushchair!

CinnamonBunYou Wed 23-Dec-15 13:26:39

My 2 year old DD likes to shove stuff in anything with a lid. I couldn't find a pair of tights and one of her nursery jumpers. Weeks later I opened her toy kettle and she'd crammed them inside it. She is also a bugger for putting stuff inside my handbag and coat pockets and I go to work with play food and plastic tea cups and pairs of her knickers or an odd sock

EatDessertFirst Wed 23-Dec-15 21:30:01

DS used to hide things in DPs work bag. Hes a prison officer, and nearly got caught with a plastic water pistol DS had stuffed in his bag. Luckily, he had his bag searched early before getting into work and managed to bin it! He doesn't leave his bag laying about now.
DD was a crammer. T-shirts, tights and socks were her favourite as they'd scrunch up really small inside her various toys.

Crikeyblimey Wed 23-Dec-15 21:34:32

I once hid some twins under the stage at playgroup! I was only 3 or 4 at the time. I persuaded them to hide from all the adults and caused a bit of a panic apparently. I haven't turned into a psychopath adult (I think) blush

Onlyonamonday Wed 23-Dec-15 21:37:27

When dd2 was little she used to hide her broccoli into and old pencil case, in a drawer near the dining room table. I would be so pleased that she'd eaten up all her veg.....I found a little pile of it a few months later 🙄😫

Antimobiles Thu 24-Dec-15 09:19:16

When ds was small, his favourite place to hide things was in the bin. Not just at home. A visit anywhere would end in a mad panic afterwards as particularly mobile phones went missing, car keys, basically any rubbish of that sort hmm, went straight in the kitchen bin. We weren't very popular.

Antimobiles Thu 24-Dec-15 17:57:28

oh i killed the thread shock

angelpuffs Thu 24-Dec-15 18:22:45

My DD loved to hide things in the oven glove. I'd find all sorts of things in there.....

PurpleThermalsNowItsWinter Thu 24-Dec-15 18:29:06

The wine rack, the washing machine and inside a box that's inside a box that's probably inside a happy land house that's in the toy box.

fukkigucci Thu 24-Dec-15 18:34:27

Dd once smuggled play doh home from nursery in her knickers.

GeorgiaT2468 Thu 24-Dec-15 19:17:59

Pillow cases!! Usually mine.. Oh how I love laying my head down only to have the back of my head stabbed with a toy car or building block!! Lol I sometimes forget to check them when I strip the beds and only notice when my washing machine begins to make a thudding sound with every spin.. That's a very long hour lol xx

Tangoandcreditcards Tue 29-Dec-15 05:37:19

Oven glove too!

Every time I pick them up they're full of toy cars!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now