Pinching breastfeeder - any ideas

(7 Posts)
maximama Tue 11-Aug-15 09:00:35

DD 13mo has recently started pinching while she feeds. I keep her nails as trimmed as pos but it still hurts. She feeds 2-3 times in day and 2-3 times in night (we co-sleep). Planning to feed til at least 2 as that is what big brothers did so don't want to cut down. I just move her hands away and hold them but she's quite determined and single minded. Any ideas/experience?

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Tue 11-Aug-15 09:02:21

DS went through a phase of doing this. I gave him a small soft cuddly toy to hold when he fed which helped.

WishUponAStar88 Tue 11-Aug-15 09:03:10

My 10mo does the same and I've got little red pinch marks all down my side so lurking for ideas!

maximama Tue 11-Aug-15 21:54:10

Bump

Hellionandfriends Tue 11-Aug-15 21:58:51

I would open the palm of her hand and say 'gentle' whilst showing her how to pay you gently. Make a fuss of her if she does it correctly. Otherwise id be temped to put her down and walk off in a very gentle calm manner.

This also works when your toddlers are too rough with animals and small babies!

maximama Wed 12-Aug-15 18:40:05

I tried that goodbye: she drops it, single minded she is...
Hellion: tried that just now and very effective smile hopefully will continue.
Thanks a lot!

agapimou Mon 17-Aug-15 12:44:41

This is exactly what those huge ugly statement necklaces were invented for. Try to find something with small beads that baby can play with, but avoid anything with just one big pendant as they will just start hitting you with it, my dd did anyway hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now