Toddler naps

(4 Posts)
superbabysmummy Sat 25-Jul-15 23:07:21

Hi Mum's

Does anyone have any experience in getting their toddler to nap during the day having already dropped the daytime nap?

DD is 2.9 and dropped her daytime nap months ago. She however is doing a lot of growing at the moment and is exhausted, all the time. (Sleeps 7-7@ night).

She just wants to lie about with her dummy and comforter but refuses to have a nap.

How likely/possible/easy is it to re establish a daytime nap?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 26-Jul-15 08:52:02

Don't have any experience but could you set aside some quiet time after lunch? If possible, could you take her into your bed, draw the curtains and read to her? She might drop off if she gets used to it but at least she'll get sone rest smile

GingerDoodle Sun 26-Jul-15 20:36:30

Our dd is very similar at 2.10 but is only allowed her dummy unless in the buggy or in bed so afternoons are tricky! She generally goes to be at 5.30/6pm as we are up 5.30/6am and if she seems really tired early in the day I try and engineer a nap by walking with the buggy!

superbabysmummy Sun 26-Jul-15 21:28:38

Thanks both, we try and have quiet time after lunch for that reason, at least she gets some rest. I've tried our bed & the buggy but she just fidgets and refuses to sleep. She does fall asleep in the car but I ready don't want to get into the habit of having to drive her to get her to sleep ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now