Preventing newborns ears from folding

(11 Posts)
ParsleyCake Sun 14-Jun-15 15:01:55

My newborns ears are perfect but I have noticed in the last few days that his ears keep folding over and get pushed up against his shoulders. I don't want them to become permanently misshapen. What can I do? Will a hat work? I thought about buying him some kind of headband even though it would probably be girly. Not sure what would work

noblegiraffe Sun 14-Jun-15 15:03:48

What do you mean his ears keep folding over? confused

I've never seen a kid with folded misshapen ears, so I don't think it's anything you need to worry about.

ParsleyCake Sun 14-Jun-15 16:18:08

My sister had ears that stick out because they always used to get caught on things when she was young. She had an operation to get them pinned back when she was 8

FernGullysWoollyPully Sun 14-Jun-15 16:20:45

My mum used to joke that blue tack was the best thing grin

not helpful at all

Madamecastafiore Sun 14-Jun-15 16:24:45

My dad used micro pore tape on one of us!!

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 14-Jun-15 16:41:45

Never seen a child with permanently misshapen ears because they folded over against something either! Seriously I don't think this is something you need to worry about.

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 14-Jun-15 16:47:21

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but ds2's ears used to fold over at the top, making him look like a chubby little pixie. He's now 12 and they don't fold any more, they just sort of straightened out on their own as he grew.

SurlyCue Sun 14-Jun-15 16:50:03

Your sisters ears were almost certain to have grown that way anyway and it had nothing to do with them getting caught on things as a baby. Unless someone taped her ears over in that position permanently for the first year of her life.

Seriously, your baby's ears will be fine.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sun 14-Jun-15 16:51:06

That isn't how a child ends up with sticking out ears!

CurlsLDN Sun 14-Jun-15 16:52:18

I don't honestly think your sisters ear shape was caused by that, I think it's just the way they grew

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 14-Jun-15 16:52:59

Sticking out ears is genetic, nothing to do with getting caught on things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now