Managing 5yo DD not going to toilet in school.

(2 Posts)
leccybill Wed 03-Jun-15 20:22:19

DD is in reception. She struggled a lot with potty training and she was only semi-reliably dry around the time of starting school. She's had quite a lot of wet (and sometimes soiled) accidents at school. I send her in with spare clothes and the staff are aware.

Recently, she has been 'forgetting' to go to the toilet all day, or more precisely, getting so absorbed in playing/learning, she doesn't think to go, or even can't be bothered to go. She comes out at 3.30, gets halfway to the car and is in hysterics about how desperate she is which usually ends in her wetting herself in the car.

How can I manage this? Is it worth talking to the teacher and TAs or is it not their job to prompt and remind her?
Would a reward chart be appropriate?

strawberryshoes Wed 03-Jun-15 20:32:46

Can you ask her at pick up to go? A lot of the kids in reception come out, give their book bags to mum / dad and then run back in for a quick wee before going home.

I would ask the teacher or TA to think to remind her during the day, I don't think there is any harm in that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now