10 month old not moving

(9 Posts)
lillylop Tue 02-Jun-15 11:16:47

My 10 month old does not crawl or move. She started sitting at 7 months and sits really solid and well and rarely falls. She tries to push backwards and will move about a foot and will move around in a circle but wont go forwards or crawl. She will get up on feet if you hold her hands and will step but is very very wobbly. she will pull up to stand if she is stilling on my knee with feet on floor. she hates tummy time and will only do it for around a minute and will not put weight on knees or get into crawling position. Im so stressed I don't know if I should be worried but I am. can any one tell me what theyre little one is doing or if this is normal? please don't say see health visitor as she is awful - thanks

TeaandHobnobs Tue 02-Jun-15 11:30:40

She is perfectly normal, lots of babies don't crawl at this age. Moving backwards on her tummy, pulling up to standing - these are the things she is doing now, and that is good. Please try not to stress and let her get there in her own time.
DS sat up unaided at 9 months, crawled at 13/14 months, and started walking at 17/18 months - at 3 years old he is perfectly normal and there is no indication that he did those things later than a lot of his peers.

mmollytoots Tue 02-Jun-15 12:28:25

My little girl is crawling from 7 months. She's 9 months now and can pull herself to stand and walk sideways holding things and she also has 6 teeth so every baby is different you can't compare because they do it in their own time anyways

seaoflove Tue 02-Jun-15 12:40:04

Normal! At ten months my DD wasn't crawling and wouldnt bear any weight on her legs at all. So your DD is actually doing more than mine did at that age!

She crawled at 11m, stood up at 12m and walked at 15m.

girliefriend Tue 02-Jun-15 12:42:22

My dd was like this at 10 months, she then crawled at 11.5months and walked by her first bday!!

insanityscatching Tue 02-Jun-15 12:51:28

My sister's dd crawled at seven months and walked at 9 months,my own dd bum shuffled at thirteen months and walked at 18 months. They are both perfectly normal lovely girls. By the time dd was twenty months old she could walk,run climb just as well as dn the only difference was dsis had been run ragged for a year by by a child who never stayed still whereas I had had it far easier.
She will crawlor bum shuffle and walk in her own time try not to worry.

Ears2yaVanGogh Tue 02-Jun-15 13:04:38

Some kids just crawl late. My DC3 crawled at 9 months. Some kids skip crawling entirely and just go straight to walking. I was worried, like you, because my other two crawled at 6 months. DC3 is now a year old and crawling at top speed, about to walk. Try not to stress. She'll probably walk rather quickly.
One thing I noticed is that the moment we moved furniture out and made our living room and kitchen spacious, our youngest began a crawling frenzy (it's a hassle but sometimes you just have to put tables and stuff in a store room- like a bedroom or something... we put our stuff in the garden shed, in upstairs rooms. This is more difficult if you're in a flat.). If you can open up your living space, this might encourage her to crawl more. But don't worry. She sounds far from lethargic! You'll find that it will all just come together. Really. Some kids just take their time. I know plenty of kids who crawl and walk very late. But they get there.

EssexMummy123 Tue 02-Jun-15 20:48:00

I think they all start out by going backwards or in a circle, it takes practise - wouldn't worry.

Heleng1982 Tue 02-Jun-15 21:35:56

my middle son never crawled he sat at 6 months and went straight to walking at 9 and a half months. my youngest son just bum shuffled I wouldn't worry smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now