Sippy cup

(10 Posts)
Newlywed2013 Mon 01-Jun-15 11:58:16

My dd is nearly 9 months old now but will not take water from a sippy cup, I have tried about 8 different types from free flow to ones with straws, but she just doesn't seem to understand what to do and she won't let me hold it for her. I have tried with a small amount of juice to encourage her but this has not worked.
She will however take water from a bottle if offered and she will do it herself!
She is now down to 3 bottles a day an 8oz and two 7oz and has breakfast lunch and dinner. I worry she is not getting enough fluid!
Any advice on how I can get her to take water not in a bottle?

GingerCuddleMonster Mon 01-Jun-15 12:02:05

sorry of you've already tried one, but have you tried the hubby no spill sip cups with the rubber spout?

DS is 10mo won't take a straw won't take a open cup as we get water everywhere as he swings it around by he will drink milk and water from these ones.

Newlywed2013 Mon 01-Jun-15 12:13:28

Is that the one that looks like a cup with a rubber edge all around?

cookielove Mon 01-Jun-15 12:17:06

I think you just need to persevere, use which ever cup she favours, and just use that repeatedly at every meal time offer it, offer it at random times during the day! Offer offer offer smile

BeCool Mon 01-Jun-15 12:17:45

the only sippy cup that worked for my 2 DC was the very basic Tommee Tippy ones like this:
www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Tommee-Tippee-Essential-Basics-First-Cup/90258011?kpid=90258011&gclid=CjwKEAjwhbCrBRCO7-e7vuXqiT4SJAB2B5u7L70-LjulHoHqDOdhA_zX0GrZEnFWC1GsE-KXGOPCrhoChczw_wcB

I don't know why I wasted money buying other fancy over styled ones?
I trained my 2 DD's to shut the spot when they had finished and it worked! So no leaks.

Newlywed2013 Mon 01-Jun-15 12:28:33

That tommee tippee one is the closest we have got her to taking some but she hates the handles! Ones with handles she tends to push them away!
Will just keep fighting her! ��

GingerCuddleMonster Mon 01-Jun-15 12:35:01

It's called the

Grip N Sip no spill cup by Nuby.

Newlywed2013 Mon 01-Jun-15 12:40:40

Got that one! One of her least favourite ha ha! Picky little thing she is!

BeCool Mon 01-Jun-15 12:41:26

make it a game - use one yourself for a while or be silly with it. It's still new to her. Show her how the spout goes up & down and how amazing that is smile

StarlightMcKenzee Mon 01-Jun-15 19:55:52

The tommee tippee also come without handles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now