Drooling 2.10yo

(3 Posts)
flipflopsonfifthavenue Sun 31-May-15 20:28:20

DS1 has always been a drooler. Used to get through several drool bibs a day throughout his first year. Then for months and months he was dry and lovely!
He's 2.10yo now and last couple months he's been drooly again. Enough for the front of his t shirt to have a patch and sleeves (where he wipes his mouth). Its sometimes as if he just doesn't swallow much.

What teeth do they get in toddlerhood? He's got 20 in total, 10 top and bottom. Could he be getting more?

Could there be some kind of ETN something or other going on making him drooly? He also often has a runny nose but I just assume it's low level cold because of nursery etc

KanyesVest Sun 31-May-15 20:37:44

DS is a major drooler too, also 2.10. He had a posterior tongue tie which wasn't diagnosed until he was 6 months, so I think it's down to that - even after releasing the tie, his tongue doesn't curl up at the edges like a spoon, so it means he has to make more of an effort not to drool, if that make sense. It definitely gets worse if he's got a cold or any of the million low level viruses doing the rounds all the bloody time .

Millie3030 Sun 31-May-15 20:54:50

My DS is the same, someone on here gave me tip to tell them to close their mouth, show them their dribble and show them how to close their mouth. You do it a few times and explain what you are doing. This has really helped, so now I just tell him a few times a day, "close your mouth you are dribbling", and he swallows and closes his mouth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now