Toddler duvet

(11 Posts)
Taler Sat 30-May-15 13:38:40

Will soon be buying our daughter's first toddler duvet. Which tog should I buy?

MyNameIsSuz Sat 30-May-15 13:48:05

You might not get much choice, most shops only seem to stock one toddler size duvet. Both of ours are 3.5-4 tog, one from John Lewis and one from Argos, both the only option!

Bragadocia Sat 30-May-15 13:53:59

JoJo do a 4.5 and a 9 tog winter one, but I bought the 4.5 and DS uses it all year without getting cold. He wears legging-type pyjama bottoms on the very coldest nights, but bare legs otherwise, so it seems perfectly fine.

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Sat 30-May-15 13:56:04

www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Duvet-and-Pillow-Bundle--Cot-Bed/338273,default,pd.html

We got this one for 2 yo dd it's perfect for her.. I think it's 4 tog.

Stinkersmum Sat 30-May-15 13:56:06

4 tog is absolutely fine if your house is heated properly.

Notso Sat 30-May-15 14:03:23

I recommend skipping the toddler duvet and went straight for a single. DS1 kicked his toddler one off constantly so we ditched it for a single one tucked in which was much better.

BikeRunSki Sat 30-May-15 14:05:07

A single one laid lengthways across the bed is just the right length for a toddler bed and wide enough to tuck in.

RatOnnaStick Sat 30-May-15 14:09:27

4 tog is generally enough for toddlers. The boys have both used a wool cotbed duvet which has always been enough for even the very coldest nights. Ours came from Mothercare.

RatOnnaStick Sat 30-May-15 14:13:11

What tog duvet is suitable for young children?

A lighter duvet is recommended for young children because the duvets are able to trap more air around their smaller bodies which results in them feeling warmer than what an adult would. The ideal tog value for duvets for children over one year of age and under 10 is between 3 tog and 9 tog.

From here

Stinkersmum Sat 30-May-15 14:21:57

These are great - gro.co.uk/grobag-nursery-stay-on-bedding/gro-to-bed-duvet-4.0-tog-cot-bed-size

Taler Sat 30-May-15 14:23:34

Thanks. Our DD's room is thermostatically controlled and at night is between 18 and 20 degrees, but it has always had a chill in the room so am a little concerned about her getting cold with a duvet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now