Does this behaviour sound ASD related?

(1 Post)
GerbilsAteMyCat Wed 27-May-15 20:12:17

DS2 has always been hard to manage. Now that he's older (he is 6) there is a lot of diplomacy involved to get him to do something he doesn't want to do. We still get angry tantrums and I've often passed them off as him being immature for his age.
He actually managed to break a nursery teacher with 30+ years of experience who claimed she had never met a child like him and didn't know how to handle him.
He gets obsessed over things and sucks up everything he can for 2-3 weeks. At the moment he is obsessed with a robot. He prints pictures of the robot, creates models, watches videos, made a hama bead version of him.
Today he had a little friend around to play and largely ignored her in favour of the robot obsession. I'd never seen this before.
He's an affectionate little boy, lots of smiles, was early with all his milestones and previously assessed by an educational psychologist and found to be fine (when he broke the teacher).
The obsessions are strange though and kind of unnerving. My older boy did nothing like this.
Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now