6 mo DD constantly shouting!

(8 Posts)
Pandasandmonkeys Mon 25-May-15 11:49:35

All the time! It's driving me insane and I don't know what to do for her. She's teething but calpol/neurofen doesn't seem to help. She also has reflux but it's under control with gaviscon, I think so anyway. The shouting started about a week ago and although she's not crying and will easily smile when distracted, it's pretty much constant when she's not feeding or sleeping. Any thoughts? Tia x

seaoflove Mon 25-May-15 12:04:55

Pretty normal I think. I remember my DD finding her voice at a similar age, on the morning of a friend's wedding. We were worried she was going to ruin the ceremony (she didn't grin).

mrstweefromtweesville Mon 25-May-15 12:06:55

If you've got it, flaunt it. 'Look Mum! Listen! I have a big voice! I can make sounds when I want to!

If you're sure she's not in pain, and she seems happy enough, she might just be shouting for the fun of it.

ReallyTired Mon 25-May-15 12:10:11

Babies don't shout. Babies are not malipularive. Babies need love and attention. At six months old a baby does not have the capacity to amuse themselves. If you respond to the baby's "shouting" then she will learn to speak faster. Sing, play and talk to your baby. You cannot spoil a six month old baby. No one ever said that looking after a baby is not work. A six month old baby finding his or her voice is less irrating than a stroppy teen.

Pandasandmonkeys Mon 25-May-15 12:19:45

Thanks - sometimes I think she's just bored! If she has undivided attention it usually stops it for a while (but she's just started up again despite all of DHs best efforts!) it's just sooooooo loud! Ds was such a chilled out baby and still is at 2.5 years old. It's a shock!

Annarose2014 Mon 25-May-15 12:23:04

My 6 month is getting a bit.....trying. In our case its screeching. Goes right through you! But I do think its just playing.

elQuintoConyo Mon 25-May-15 12:29:45

DS' loud stage lasted for about two years flowers we would have conversations with him:

SHOUT
I'm sorry, what was that?
SHOUT
Ah, you've got a foot! How lovely.
SHOUT
yes, it is sunny today.
SHOUT
I can hear a birdy too <tweet tweet>

Etc etc.

Pandasandmonkeys Mon 25-May-15 12:31:24

Really tired - perhaps you need to hear her to know it's shouting grin
Rest assured that she has plenty of love and attention and is in no way ever expected to entertain herself. We talk, play and sing with her all the time. It hadn't crossed my mind that she would be trying to manipulate either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now