Peanut butter

(7 Posts)
Taler Tue 19-May-15 12:25:48

Just wanting to know whether it's ok to give my 18 month old DD peanut butter? Not too sure what the 'but' rule is?!?

Procrastinatingpeacock Tue 19-May-15 12:29:06

Absolutely fine so long as there is no family history of allergies. The only reason to be careful around nuts in the absence of history of allergies is the choking risk, which obviously won't be an issue with peanut butter! My DS has eaten it since about 7 months.

feesh Tue 19-May-15 12:29:51

We started around 7 months too.

Kittykatmacbill Fri 22-May-15 00:07:23

Dd1 had fro about seven months, always got the smooth stuff as thought that might reduce potential to chock issues.

Roobix04 Fri 22-May-15 00:19:04

No history of allergies here but I've been chickening out. Probably being a bit over cautious with 13mo dd if some are having it at 7mo. Is it not quite salty?

LIG1979 Fri 22-May-15 02:58:53

You can buy meridien which do pure peanut butter with nothing else added and it isn't too expensive.

someone suggested to me, if you are really worried take them to hospital and give them some nut there. I thought that was a good idea. However, my little girl took something with nuts in it off me so I never got the chance!

FoxSticks Fri 22-May-15 03:20:30

Fine if no allergies in immediate family. My nephew has an nut allergy and it was still ok for my two to have it from 6 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now