7yo DD puberty??!! Help!

(6 Posts)
FructoseTart Thu 07-May-15 19:35:13

I have discovered today that my 7yo DD has quite a few hairs on her private parts. She has just turned 7 within the last 3 months.

Has anyone else experienced development of puberty this early and if so what do I do? Is this too young? Are periods close to coming?

gymboywalton Thu 07-May-15 19:37:15

i think you need to make an appointment with your gp because just 7 is very very young

sunnydayinmay Thu 07-May-15 19:40:54

My friend's daughter had this - don't panic! She saw her GP, had a test, referred to consulant to check and it wasn't puberty, but a hormone thing (sorry, can't remember the name). Fairly well known by doctors and not a problem.

Friend is a senior Health Care Professional but wanted to get it checked out

Rowgtfc72 Fri 08-May-15 21:19:01

Dd has quite a few blonde hairs and has had since she was six. She's also tall which is sometimes linked with early onset puberty. I started my periods just before I turned ten so am keeping a close eye on her.

cedricsneer Fri 08-May-15 21:22:24

It could be premature adrenarche. My ds has it - not true puberty but needs a consultant endocrinologist to rule out precocious puberty. Adrenarche is benign.

FructoseTart Sun 10-May-15 22:27:14

Thanks all.

Have booked her into the doctors this week to discuss with them. She really isn't ready for all these hormone changes and isn't coping well at all hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now