The sucky (or yucky as it's now called)

(4 Posts)
LittleMilla Wed 06-May-15 20:43:45

Ds2 is completely and utterly in love with his sucky and we're fretting how we get rid of it as his teeth appear to be on the wonk.

He's 21 months and 'only' has it for sleeps. But he wedges the whole thing in his mouth and sucks/chews on it. He'll also grab it at any given opportunity and it's a complete battle to keep it off him.

How on earth do we try and get this thing off him before his teeth become entirely buggered?

Thanks

MrsNextDoor Thu 07-May-15 10:18:44

Start trimming it....a bit off every week. He won't notice as it gradually becomes smaller and smaller...eventually he will only have a little square left and that can't exactly be shoved in his mouth.x

LittleMilla Thu 07-May-15 21:43:25

Mrs - I'm terrified he'll swallow it though! Or am I being daft...?

MrsNextDoor Fri 08-May-15 06:02:33

Lol you don't need to cut it that small....or if you do, perhaps attach it to something else...such as a dummy clip...with strong stitches. By the time it's shrunk to hand size he will be older. I have to tell you this...my now 7 year old had a dummy until she was almost 4...just at night...her teeth are fine. Perhaps you could try removing it once he's asleep?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now