DS wants to be a baddie

(4 Posts)
superbagpuss Tue 02-Sep-14 15:38:54

It doesn't seem to matter what we are watching but ds (5) wants to be the baddie, so darth maul/ vader and even shredder instead of a turtle.

Is this normal? As a child we always played at being the goody.

SpiderTracker Tue 02-Sep-14 15:41:09

DD is like this, similar age too, she is almost 5. She even hums the imperial march from star wars as she walks into a room. She is hilarious and totally normal in my opinion.

Mondaybaby Tue 02-Sep-14 15:53:02

My daughter seems preoccupied with thieves and robbers (sparked by the page in 'Charlie Cooks Favourite Book where the thief steals the King's crown - I have had to read that page about 1000 times!). She doesn't express the desire to be a thief but it still worries me sometimes! Maybe it has something to do with learning the difference between right and wrong / moral development. She has just turned 4.

KatieKatie1980 Fri 05-Sep-14 20:21:03

Sounds exactly like my DS (4.5). He too hums the Imperial March from Star Wars lol. He did it just this evening whilst eating his tea!!

Don't worry, he's been Darth Maul, Venom, Darth Vader, The Emperor, Lord Business, The Joker, Green Goblin, MODOK, Dr Octopus to name but a few on a very, very long list (yes, sorry - we like Marvel/DC/Lego in our house - not that you can tell :P!!)

My husband is convinced something is wrong! My take? The bad guys are way more interesting ;)

On a side note, we also re enact Frozen - he gets to be Elsa and I have to be Olaf or Sven!

Kids <3

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now