What are your nearly 3 year old's favourite toys?

(14 Posts)
MATB1 Thu 28-Aug-14 21:01:25

DD1's toys need a refresh. Where I was working 4 days per week and she was out of the house things were still fairly interesting to her. Now I'm on mat leave and she's at home more I feel like she's bored of her toys....

Her birthday is at Christmas so it feels like ages since she's had anything, plus she's so much more grown up now...

So I'm looking for inspiration please!

MrsWinnibago Thu 28-Aug-14 21:03:45

Mine loved her play kitchen and tin tea set...also wooden food that could be cut up. Shopping basket with tins etc.

Duplo, marble run, train sets and dressing up are DS2's favourite things at the moment. Plus lots of weaponry and wrestling with his big brother but that may be of less interest!

Cherrypi Thu 28-Aug-14 21:10:26

Throwing things. Especially noisy things like tin boxes sigh. My milk frother.

MATB1 Thu 28-Aug-14 21:33:09

Dressing up is a good one!

MATB1 Thu 28-Aug-14 21:36:15

Oops pressed post too soon.

Marble run is a great idea! She loves fiddling with things like that...

She's got the ikea kitchen and a little tea set which she loves.

Happyland, food and tea set and baby and pushchair. She especially plays for hours with happyland doing all the little voices.

Caillou Thu 28-Aug-14 21:51:04

Her cinderella dressing up dress, with matching crown of course.

Her little handbag, complete with purse and phone (as she cannot play being mummy without a phone...)

Her shopping trolley and plastic food is also one she likes grin

MATB1 Thu 28-Aug-14 22:02:16

She's had happy land stuff since her 1st birthday and it's pretty overlooked. She likes to fiddle with things and role play.

Suzietwo Thu 28-Aug-14 22:04:43

Wow toys are great for this age group

MiaowTheCat Fri 29-Aug-14 03:35:01

This one surprised me, but my mum picked it up in a charity shop and it's been a massive hit - Mr Potato Head (or "the potato chips man" as he gets called).

lucidlady Fri 29-Aug-14 05:14:13

A doc mcstuffins medical set - she adores it and has it out constantly. I've never seen her so attached to a toy before and it's great to watch her play doctors. I am 39 a preg and she makes me lie on couch and be the patient. I'm not allowed to talk or move - best game ever grin

cathpip Fri 29-Aug-14 06:03:40

Dressing up, handbag (with purse and ticket smile), small world figures, pretend hair dryer and straighteners, tea set, bead necklace making kits, scooter.

Liveinthepresent Fri 29-Aug-14 11:50:14

My DD is over 3 now but around that age things she started to enjoy -

Drawing - we got an easel
Loves loves sticker books keeps her quiet for ages
Role play - so toy food and kettle for her kitchen went down well - tea set.
Medical set
Ball pit and tunnel
Books with magnets to add to pictures
Just starting to get really into dressing up 'Mummy I need to be a fairy now!'
Helping Mummy bake.

One thing I didn't consider at Christmas was how to handle all the small toys - like marbles that she is old enough for but DC2 can't be trusted with now he is mobile - worth thinking ahead about that as it's a pain to police it constantly!

Have fun my DD has become so much easier to entertain in the last six months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now