suddenly terrified of tshirts

(4 Posts)
ithoughtofitfirst Mon 25-Aug-14 07:40:24

This has to be one of the more weird phases. 27mo toddler decided about 2 weeks ago that he hates wearing anything on his top half. Not helped by the fact that i'm being really inconsistent in dealing with it. Some days i just think ah well and let him go topless but other days if i really need him to get dressed i just make him and take the crying, screaming, hitting.

Wwyd?

greenhill Mon 25-Aug-14 07:50:22

Is it the tight necks pulling over his head he doesn't like? Could he wear a shirt with buttons? Or is it just any clothes on his top?

ithoughtofitfirst Mon 25-Aug-14 08:02:34

Interesting you ask cause that's exactly what my mum wondered. We tried a zip up hoody one day to see if he'd prefer it but he got just as upset. My dh walks around topless a lot so we even thought it might be to copy him but the sort of 'looks daddy wears a tshirt and george wears a tshirt' tact didn't work either confused

greenhill Mon 25-Aug-14 08:26:57

It could be that the fabric feels scratchy, have you changed washing powder? Or he feels restricted by tight clothes. At 27 mo you often can't get a straight answer from a toddler grin. Once the weather changes and he starts to feel colder the phase will probably pass!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now