Help! Rolling 9 wk old..

(5 Posts)
moomin35 Sat 16-Aug-14 20:17:45

My 9 week old has just learnt to roll onto his front, great. However once on his front he then cries. I guess because he doesn't know what to do and can't get himself back or crawl or whatever. So every time he rolls onto his front and cries I roll him back onto his back but then he cries again and rolls over again onto his front! I'm going mad I've literally spent all day rolling him back again and again!!

CultureSucksDownWords Sat 16-Aug-14 21:59:08

Yeah, I had one of these too. There's not much you can do about it! He may well learn to roll back soon though. Then my DS realised he could roll himself around in circles which was entertaining!

moomin35 Mon 18-Aug-14 10:55:38

What happened with your DC culturesucks what did they do once they rolled over?

Try and show him how to roll back, rather than just flipping him over, to help him learn how to do it himself.
You might be in for an early crawler (Ds1 6 months, DS2 5 months)

CultureSucksDownWords Mon 18-Aug-14 11:19:08

Similar to your DS, he would eventually get fed up of being on his front so I would have to roll him back. He was also an early crawler. He learnt to do a kind of commando crawl at around 5 months progressing to a proper crawl at 6 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now