When did your child roll over from back to front?

(14 Posts)
moomin35 Mon 11-Aug-14 21:30:43

Just wondering! Mines just done this at 8 weeks which seems very early, is it? Worried DC will now do this in the night in bed , should I be concerned?

marleymooo Mon 11-Aug-14 21:33:16

Today! At 5 1/2 months. Could it have been a one off?

AnythingNotEverything Mon 11-Aug-14 21:34:19

Mine is nearly 10 months. She can sit and crawl and pull to stand. She can feed herself from a bowl with a spoon.

She still can't roll from back to front!

Linguaphile Wed 13-Aug-14 23:19:40

3 months, though she did a one-off when she was a few days old.

LegoCaltrops Wed 13-Aug-14 23:24:57

About 4 months, I think.

Don't worry. Once they can roll over, they will generally figure out how to roll back, and will at least have sufficient neck strength to position their head ao they can breathe freely if they do turn over in the night. You can't stop them turning over. AFAIK, lots of babies, once they learn to turn over, sleep on their front with their bottom sticking up in the air. Seems pretty common!

Mrschn0804 Fri 15-Aug-14 07:31:14

About 12 weeks. And he does roll onto his front in the night, often wailing to be put on his back again!! Oh joy.

Hamnvik Fri 15-Aug-14 12:14:54

Mine did it at 8 weeks too but he didn't do it consistently until 14 weeks and slept on his front from 15 weeks and has ever since!

MultipleMama Sun 17-Aug-14 16:54:46

Did it twice a few months ago, now at 8mo adj still hasn't but can't sit assisted yet either.

TheHomicidalPowerOfaTypo Sun 17-Aug-14 17:02:09

Dd did it at 3 days. The midwife nearly shit herself. We thought it was a fluke but she did it a few more times in the first few weeks and was doing it consistently from around 2 months. But the ds could sit at nearly 3 months and crawled at 5 months. My children are freaks.

magicalmrmistofelees Sun 17-Aug-14 17:14:26

Mine did it at 7 weeks then didn't do it again til 7 months, mainly because she hated being on her front! She's 9 months now and still only does it to get into her crawling position. So might be a one off.

catkind Sun 17-Aug-14 21:48:45

One at 3 months, one at 8 months (at the same time as he learned to crawl!).
I think when they can roll onto their fronts they are strong enough that sleeping on their fronts isn't such a worry. My earlier roller slept on her front from then on, you couldn't stop her. She couldn't roll onto her back though, in the daytime it was roll onto front, scream with anger until someone rescued her, roll back onto front, repeat ad lib.

EugenesAxe Sun 17-Aug-14 22:35:05

It can be that early I think. My mum said I rolled very early because I'm so nosey curious about things... she said I didn't move on to the next thing in any particular hurry; basically for as long as it took for me to get bored with my new vantage point.

All of mine did back to front at about 5m but were born wih the ability to roll front to back so tummy time never really happened!

Trinpy Sun 17-Aug-14 22:43:05

Around 9 weeks. He did it twice and hasn't bothered since. He's now 19 weeks. Clearly he's decided rolling is massively overrated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now