4MO Tenses her body, clenches her fists and turns red

(6 Posts)
prettyinpink90 Sun 10-Aug-14 20:56:05

Over the past few days my 4 month old DD has been having random episodes of what I thought was frustration but now I'm starting to worry there's something more to it. She had done it before a few times around 2 months old but not again until now.

She will tense her whole body, clench and raise her fists and turn red in the face for about 10 seconds. If I disturb her she will just stop so I know it is something within her control. Afterwards she is a normal happy baby. She has been a little unsettled the past few days but no signs that she's coming down with anything.

Has anyone else experienced this with their LO? I'm thinking about booking an appointment with the GP tomorrow.

BertieBotts Sun 10-Aug-14 20:56:51

Is she constipated?

prettyinpink90 Sun 10-Aug-14 20:59:16

I don't think so bertie she's having BM as normal.

BertieBotts Mon 11-Aug-14 10:32:52

Well, bumping for you. Hope she's feeling better this morning smile

bankie123 Mon 11-Aug-14 19:28:35

Reflux??

shouldbedoingsomethinguseful Fri 15-Aug-14 23:45:13

My DS used to do this when we carried him down the stairs facing forwards. I googled it and found its a kind of baby vertigo. He stopped doing it after a couple of months but was quite disturbing! Are you carrying your little one when it happens?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now