2yo milk monster, wanting milk when needing to poo or tired. Is this normal?

(5 Posts)
PickledLily Wed 06-Aug-14 15:55:02

DD has a couple of beakers of milk in the morning and a couple in the evening, but I've noticed she asks for it just before she needs a poo and also when she's tired. Is this normal? We only stopped BF a month ago, so wondered if that might be the reason.

And how much milk is too much? She seems to want more and more.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 06-Aug-14 16:10:37

Think it sounds perfectly normal, especially if you've only just recently finished bfing. She probably has the link between bfing easing discomfort and easing tiredness smile

PickledLily Wed 06-Aug-14 19:04:27

Thankyou, that is comforting to know. Feel a bit mean stopping BF, but it was starting to be uncomfortable (sloppy latch and teething), and she had gone a few days between asking. She now wakes daddy up to get her milk in the morning hooray and Mummy finally gets a bit of a lie in smile

naty1 Thu 07-Aug-14 09:56:19

That does sound a lot.
My DD has only had 1 cup before bed since before 18m.
I do notice she poops sometimes after milk. Could yours be a bit constipated after stopping bf? Is it cows milk or a formula.?

PickledLily Thu 07-Aug-14 14:40:20

Yes she is constipated, unsurprisingly perhaps; it's cows milk. We have tried cutting down, and there are times when she only wants a cup all day, but rarely, and it's the only thing she wants when she gets back from nursery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now