I'm going crazy!!!

(4 Posts)
2dads2kids Tue 05-Aug-14 07:34:59

Hey all!

Stay at home dad to a 15 month old and a 3 month old.

The 15 month old is a delight to spend the day with, however the 3 month old is a challenge to say the least.

If she doesn't have your attention she is not happy. (She usually requires eye contact sometimes can be just holding my finger) if she has nothing she screams and screams and screams until she gets into a state which is not nice for her or me. However only problem. I have a second child that needs to eat, play,be stimulated. Even down to when I change the younger ones nappy if I stop for 5 seconds to grab a nappy or open the wipes she goes crazy.
My other half says that it's normal and that's babies and that I should just give her a cuddle. Which of course he does in the evenings when he isn't working. However I feel this is adding to the problem as it's not something I can do during the day on my own.
The elder girl is now missing out on time with me. (She has developmental challenges so have exercises and games we have to complete daily) We have to rush meals so I can get back to the younger.
This is obviously not fair, not productive and not enjoyable for anyone involved.

HELP PLEASE!!!

goshhhhhh Tue 05-Aug-14 07:43:55

Have you tried a sling?

TheJourney22 Tue 05-Aug-14 07:46:47

Sling / baby carrier grin

2dads2kids Tue 05-Aug-14 07:50:40

I use the Bjorn when I can however she only settles if you are standing. So doing meal/snack times, 15m's exercises or games are all out. That's before I even start on the bomb site of my house! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now