4 month old wants to be carried all the time

(10 Posts)
orangestripe Sat 19-Jul-14 14:23:48

...which has been fine up to now, but my other two DCs are now on hols for 6 weeks so I need tips on what to do with her when I want to play/interact with DCs.

My other two were happy to be in a bouncy chair or on a playmat at this age but this one's not happy there (nor in cot on either tummy or back) for long.

Sometimes it's possible to just put her in her sling and carry on as normal, but sometimes it's just not practical.

Any ideas? It's a few years since the other two were at this stage so what am I forgetting?

ShineSmile Sat 19-Jul-14 15:35:26

Swing?

RoganJosh Sat 19-Jul-14 15:39:27

Mine had good head control and liked this sort of thing

sanfairyanne Sat 19-Jul-14 15:39:42

she might be ok if she is watching the other 2
what kind of playing is it where the sling doesnt work?

orangestripe Sat 19-Jul-14 15:58:25

Thanks for the suggestions. We've been given a jumperoo but I was waiting until she was a month or two older for that. Head control ok but not reliably enough yet.

sanfairyanne This morning it was when DS2 wanted me to do face painting (although I managed one handed while BFing in the end - stealth boast, go me!) and when DS1 wanted to play Twister, which DH did in the end instead.

sanfairyanne Sat 19-Jul-14 16:08:56

twister sounds a challenge grin

wont she let your dh hold her though?

orangestripe Sat 19-Jul-14 16:46:01

Not for long, no. But the issue will be in the week, whilst he's at work, anyway.

JuniperTisane Sat 19-Jul-14 16:53:31

We had similar with ds2, a swing chair made a lot of difference. He was in the jumperoo at 4 months too.

sanfairyanne Sat 19-Jul-14 19:08:37

she might surprise you - having older kids wss the biggest entertainment! we had a bumbo seat that worked well but you need the neck control for that.

Lepaskilf Sat 19-Jul-14 22:14:04

my dd started going in an ergo on my back from this age, to give me more freedom with ds. She loved (still does at 9 months) in there, watching smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now