3yo potty training

(4 Posts)
wiltingfast Tue 08-Jul-14 13:26:51

Ok, my 3.3yo is fully trained on her wees (about 2m) but is really struggling with her poos.

I've removed berries from her diet in the hope that they would firm up and be easier for her to feel coming but she is still having accidents.

She seems to want to do it, just doesn't seem to feel it coming until its too late?

She still has motions occasionally at night too which the public health nurse here seemed to think was odd?

Any suggestions? I've just kept going with cheerful encouragement etc but I am a bit concerned it doesn't seem to be happening. My ds trained full over a weekend when he was just past 3y...

GrouchyKiwi Tue 08-Jul-14 14:12:36

We started a sticker chart for our DD (2y4m). It's been up for two weeks and she's now got three stickers. It's slow going, but she's starting to prefer it to doing it in her knickers/night-time nappy. So that might help?

The nurse at her development check said it was quite normal so we're not worrying about it.

Good luck!

wiltingfast Tue 08-Jul-14 22:23:24

Ah did she? That's reassuring because I wasn't that worried until the phn started making faces about it. Have a star chart up about a week but no stars yet...

gutted2014 Wed 09-Jul-14 11:54:41

I don't know if this will help or not, but if she is pooing in a nappy/pull-up/knickers, you could try lining the potty with a nappy to start with, so that she still feels she's pooing in a nappy & it's not so daunting. Also maybe have her checked by GP if you're worried about anything irregular.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now