8 month old whining

(10 Posts)
Chickz Mon 16-Jun-14 20:23:23

Just that. Non stop whining. Is it out of frustration or boredom? Been going on for a couple of weeks. Wondering if she's intolerant to something she's eaten?
Any ideas?

beccajoh Mon 16-Jun-14 20:25:51

Teeth?

Chickz Mon 16-Jun-14 20:31:53

Yes thanks I did think teeth but none of teething signs. No drooling, no red cheeks, no hands in mouth. Can they still teeth when there are none of these signs? Also she is a good sleeper and it's not disrupting her sleep.

purplemurple1 Tue 17-Jun-14 20:07:06

Has she just learnt how to make the sound?
we just go for distraction when ds starts whining for no real reason or something we aren't going ro fix - like the puppy not wanting to play.

Sunshine200 Tue 17-Jun-14 20:21:04

Mine whines when she is bored. Does it stop if you put her in a different location? The garden with a few different toys works for mine (not on her own!). Give that a go, then you can tell if she was bored.

Chickz Wed 18-Jun-14 18:24:48

I've tried distraction. I've tried moving location. I've timed her today. The longest she went without whining was about 1.5 mins. Please help. I'm going to lose my mind!
Surely this can't be normal!

purplemurple1 Sat 21-Jun-14 12:13:53

I'd try calpol and see if it helps, she is the right age for teething and mine wasn't particualry drooling, red faced etc when he got his first 2 teeth.

Assume you'd know if you have introduced any new foods, and you not noticed any change in her nappies to suggest a tummy ache/constipation/diareah could be the cause.

purpleme12 Sat 21-Jun-14 20:26:53

I would also go with just a phase and could be teething mine has just gone through the same thing probably lasted 2 weeks as well maybe nothing I could do would make her happy. It'll go soon

Chickz Sun 22-Jun-14 08:32:17

Thanks all. I've been giving calpol and teething gels. Not tried any new foods. I think it must be frustration boredom and teething. I hope it's a phase as I'm not sure how much more I can cope!

bevbennett100 Sun 22-Jun-14 09:23:02

Maybe frustration. My DS used to whinge loads, then he started to crawl and he had a big grin on his face every time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now