Is there a 3/4 month sleep regression?

(4 Posts)
gutted2014 Wed 04-Jun-14 09:51:04

Thanks, it's good to know it's (hopefully) a phase and not something we're doing or not doing smile

deadwitchproject Wed 04-Jun-14 07:55:56

There is a 4 month sleep regression. We experienced it at 16 weeks exactly. It also coincided with DTS catching their first cold.

If it's any comfort, it did pass around the 6 month mark and we discovered they were going through a big growth spurt and upped their milk intake accordingly. Good luck.

purplemurple1 Wed 04-Jun-14 07:47:05

There a 4 month regression - I think it will last a bit longer if you breastfeed as you need your supply to catch up. I was on bottles by then though so am prob talking bollocks!!
If you head to the sleep board there is normally a running thread for sleep regression.

gutted2014 Wed 04-Jun-14 07:18:18

I really hope so, because I am shattered! Also, if there is, how long will it last?

DS3 (I know, I should remember from the other 2 blush) is 15 weeks old tomorrow. Up to now, he has been a good sleeper, doing around 10 hours (8-6) with a dream feed (around 11.30), for at least 6-8 weeks. But the last couple of nights, he has been waking in the night, which is unheard of for him. We can usually guarantee an uninterrupted stretch 12-6, but last night he was up at 2.30, 4, 5.50 <yawn>

What annoys me is that 'D'H was awake each time, but pretended to be asleep angry I didn't wake him as he has work today, but as he was awake anyway, an offer of help or even moral support would have been nice hmm I only realised he had been awake when I said this morning what a rough night it had been & he said 'Oh yes, I know' hmm

I know there are others out there who have it a lot worse, so trying to count my blessings, but will have a couple of strong coffees today grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now