Why No Why questions?!? And what does it all mean??

(5 Posts)
SanneSannes Sun 01-Jun-14 23:16:17

Just wondering whether anyone knows if there is any need for concern if 3.5 yo DS has not started the famous Why - question phase yet? Friends and family tell me that their children have been driving them mad with these since 2 - 3 years of age, and just noticed that DS has actually never asked me a single one.

teafor1 Mon 02-Jun-14 07:52:35

My son didn't ask why questions until about 3.5 and I did worry about it. He asks them just fine now though! He wasn't a delayed speaker but wasn't something he zoomed ahead with. I wonder too if asking why at a later age means anything.

DIYandEatCake Mon 02-Jun-14 09:12:15

I guess as long as his speech is good otherwise you don't need to worry. Does he ask other questions like 'what's that?' or 'where are we going?'

BertieBotts Mon 02-Jun-14 09:17:58

DS didn't get to the why stage until he was about 4 or 5. And then he asks it in totally baffling ways.

Would you like an ice cream, DS?
Why?

confused

Toastmonster Mon 02-Jun-14 19:43:55

3.9 DS and still no whys? Lots of friends children been asking for ages and they say it drives them mad but I'm dying for him to get more chatty, I can't see myself getting annoyed with him asking ( but probably will )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now