Rear facing pushchairs?

(21 Posts)
murphy36 Thu 01-May-14 11:45:26

Anyone have any recommendation?

DrowningOnSchoolRun Thu 01-May-14 12:14:25

I have a Quinny buzz which can go either way, very happy with it but shopping basket is no good for someone who would need to go shopping with it if that makes sense.

Parslee Thu 01-May-14 12:45:02

Uppababy Vista - forward and parent facing, and a massive basket for shopping. Seriously, I can fit two boxes of Pampers plus a changing bag in there! Really good buggy, we've been using it for two years now, from birth onwards.

I had an old iCandy apple which could face either way.

murphy36 Thu 01-May-14 13:04:39

I'm really looking for a cheap stroller type thing I think. Like a mcclaren but t'other way around

Chocolatestain Thu 01-May-14 13:47:56

I don't think I've ever seen a rear-facing stroller type buggy (although am happy to stand corrected here). If price is the issue could you go for a second-hand one of the ravel systems that go either way? I have an Uppababy Vista and love it.

YussMinister Thu 01-May-14 15:57:01

The only McLaren type (ie lightweight, umbrella-fold) parent-facing buggy we found after researching extensively was the Bubble (Petite Star) and it's okay but not worth the money new IMO.

MiaowTheCat Thu 01-May-14 15:57:11

Try asking in the pushchair forum (down under products). I had an iCandy Cherry at one point which was fairly minimal but with a rear facing option on it (and a huuuuuuge shopping basket!)

TheScience Thu 01-May-14 16:02:05

I think the Bubble is the only umbrella stroller that rear faces.

TheScience Thu 01-May-14 16:03:24
YussMinister Thu 01-May-14 16:52:06

The trouble with the Bubble (we have one) is its only "feature" is that it's umbrella fold parent facing. The shopping basket is so small as to be non-existent (it only fits the rain cover) and it's not a smooth push, not cosy for baby either.
It suits our purpose but I wouldn't buy it again and certainly not as a main buggy (we have another better pram for everyday).

What are your priorities OP, how will you be using the buggy (walking a lot, public transport, or not?). That will define what features you're looking for.

HamAndPlaques Thu 01-May-14 21:31:54

Not cheap, although you could get second-hand, but the bugaboo bee is lightweight and has the option to face the parent.

Any bargains on ebay or Gumtree?

Patilla Fri 02-May-14 12:58:02

Bugaboo cam3 here. If you could get second hand would highly recommend.

We had two umbrella folding pushchairs with DS and even though they are both lighter they are so much less comfy to push imo

s88 Fri 02-May-14 14:00:46

I have the loola and the loola up . prefer the up tho as 1 handle

RiverTam Fri 02-May-14 14:04:10

we had a bugaboo bee which I loved and used to death for 3 years, it went mouldy in the shed so we had to dump it, but they come up for sale secondhand fairly often.

SoftSheen Fri 02-May-14 14:04:14

Maxi Cosi Mura 3.

enormouse Fri 02-May-14 14:06:06

Joie chrome faces forwards and backwards.

Kittykatmacbill Fri 02-May-14 21:29:33

We love our bugaboo bee, DD only faces inwards and it is super light. I am just about to buy a maclaren, for the nursery run. And was trying out various one in John Lewis, and bemoaning to the shop assistant the lack of inward facing ones and she said that there just weren't any!

murphy36 Sat 03-May-14 21:33:40

What I need is a mcclaren, a hacksaw and a blow torch

fififrog Sat 03-May-14 22:57:07

i got a babystyle oyster - it's narrower than most of its contemporaries so more bus-friendly and was quite a bit cheaper too. i then bought a second hand maclaren a few months later for a holiday and then alternated depending on what we were doing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now