My little boy won't stop chasing girls!

(6 Posts)
NancyAllen Thu 24-Apr-14 10:52:55

Hi, first time poster here smile

I'm afraid my little boy, Rory (9) has developed an overzealous attitude towards girls!

Now I know he's getting to an age where girlfriends/boyfriends are perfectly natural, but it's got to the point where he's chasing them around the playground and dare I say 'touching' them so much that the teachers have asked me to have a word.

Does anyone have any advice?! My husband and I have tried every approach but he still seems to persist. He's like a mini Russell Brand!

Nancy x

LastingLight Thu 24-Apr-14 19:18:21

At 9 he is not a little boy any more. What approaches have to tried? How does the school respond to the behaviour?

Canus Thu 24-Apr-14 19:20:50

Seriously? That is not normal.

None of the boys I know (and I have children from 3-11) behave like that.

You need to get to the bottom of where his behaviour is coming from.

SatansFurryJamHats Thu 24-Apr-14 19:22:17

You need to tell him to stop, immediately. He is old enough to understand why it isn't acceptable and your tone seems rather indulgent about it, which may be contributing to the behaviour.

Canus Thu 24-Apr-14 19:28:30

And by the way, assuming of course that you are not a perverted troll, boy/girlfriends at 9 isn't perfectly natural either.

Do you think your somewhat lax attitude might be influencing him?

mumeeee Thu 24-Apr-14 21:23:18

That isn't nomal behavior for a 9 year old and it is not coming to the age of having girlfriends and boyfriends. You need to sit him down and have a very stern word with him about why this is not appropriate behavior. You also need consequences that will happen if he keeps doing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now