Chummie bed wetting alarm

(4 Posts)
cheerioscheerios Wed 23-Apr-14 14:22:23

My ds is nearly 7 and isn't dry at night yet. He really wants to be and is so keen to try anything to help him. We have tried everything to no avail so we then bought the Chummie alarm which we've been using for 2 weeks. He really doesn't like having to wear it at night. He has gone from having about 3 dry nights a week to now wetting the bed twice a night every night since starting to use Chummie. Did anyone else have a bad patch when they first started using an alarm and then it got better?

PirateJones Wed 23-Apr-14 14:27:31

I'm sorry, I'm afraid to say our experience was that it got worse, to the point where my 6 year old was sleeping through it and it woke everyone else up. He also found it embrassing having everyone know when he wet.

cheerioscheerios Wed 23-Apr-14 18:51:08

piratejones - Did you then give up on the alarm? What helped your DS in the end?

PirateJones Wed 23-Apr-14 19:01:34

I gave up on the alarm and he still wets every night, the doctor is not interested and will not do anything until he is 7.
So now we are just waiting it out until October (when he is 7), they will take things seriously and refer us to the enuresis clinic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now