Who does weight/height health checks etc for 3 year old

(5 Posts)
Nestabee Wed 23-Apr-14 08:16:23

Are 3 year olds meant to have health checks with the hv for weight/height or is it through the gp?

Ds, nearly 3, hasn't been ill and hasn't been to gp for over a year, I can't remember the last time to be honest. And I was wondering given threads about weight etc whether he should have a check up re weight/height. He hasn't the best diet, eats healthily but doesn't seem to eat much compared to others and he is thinner than others his age. I don't think he is too thin, but I don't know whether to trust my own judgement iykwim.

Dc2 is due in a few months so I could wait until then if it is the hv who still look after weight/height checks. Or should I book a gp appointment or would this be a waste of an appointment?

MistletoeBUTNOwine Wed 23-Apr-14 08:18:17

You could go to a healthy child clinic (where they weigh babies) I'm sure a HV would be happy to do her checks grin

Nestabee Wed 23-Apr-14 08:21:43

Can you take 3 year olds there then? If yes, I will take him when the dc2 comes. I didn't go often with ds, only when he was a few weeks old, but I don't remember seeing older children there.

MistletoeBUTNOwine Wed 23-Apr-14 08:23:17

It's their remit to look after children up to 5 so you'd be fine to take her

Nestabee Wed 23-Apr-14 08:24:37

Great thankyou. I didn't want them to think it a strange request smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now