Leaking nappy at night

(11 Posts)
BocaDeTrucha Sat 19-Apr-14 20:21:52

Ds is 7mo and still waking a couple of times during the night. The last couple of nights I've noticed that when I get him out of his cot to feed him he's really wet but always just on one side on his hip. We are careful to put his nappies on properly but the other night we had to change him 3 times!!! I have noticed he sometimes sleeps on his side now so this might explain why is on one side. His nappy isn't full but it just seems like it leaks out.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to avoid it? We've tried changing nappy brands but it's still the same.

emmandluke Sat 19-Apr-14 20:28:54

Hi Boca - that always used to happen with my little boy, and we found the solution was to always make sure that his willy was pointing downwards. I know this might sound a bit strange but try it. When I forgot to do that his nappy always leaked out the side he was lying on, and when I didn't forget it didn't. I think it's because there is no absorbency at the sides.

odyssey2001 Sat 19-Apr-14 20:35:20

I second the need for a willy check. Go in through the crotch where it is elasticated once fully fastened around the waist. That should do the trick.

taverymuch Sun 20-Apr-14 07:35:51

Double nappy! Works a treat for us.

taverymuch Sun 20-Apr-14 07:37:26

Plus it makes it easier to change the nappy as all you need to do it whip out the inner nappy. Hey presto! The other nappy is already there. And it's warm !

BiffBaffBuduff Sun 20-Apr-14 09:42:38

We got some reusable nappy wraps to solve the same problem - worked a treat! You can get 6 for about £20 I think on amazon

Poughle Sun 20-Apr-14 10:11:45

Try going up a size.

BocaDeTrucha Sun 20-Apr-14 16:50:30

Thanks for the tips... Will start tonight with operation Willy Check and see if that helps the leaky situation, if not, will try other suggestions.

Chocoholism Mon 21-Apr-14 16:27:42

Everytime I start getting leaky nappies I tend to move up a size

emmandluke Wed 23-Apr-14 20:14:54

Hi Boca - any progress?

Lorelei353 Wed 23-Apr-14 20:20:58

We had this and going up a nappy size worked for us most of the time. Willy was already pointing downwards so that wasn't an issue. The issue only lasted until about 8-9 months as his increased solids intake meant he dropped milk feeds and didn't pee quite as much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now