anyone recommend anything of eczema?

(15 Posts)
ditsydoll Sun 13-Apr-14 21:26:11

Ds has a really dry red chin at all times. He's 10 months and suffers from the odd patch of eczema but because of teething and excessive drooling I just can't keep it under control on his chin.
Iv been back to the doctors time and time again and have just been given 0.5% hydrocortisone cream each time.
Anyone have a miracle cream?

ditsydoll Sun 13-Apr-14 21:41:25

For eczema*

hotcrosshunny Sun 13-Apr-14 21:42:47

Burt's bees stuff for babies. Plus oats within tights, run under the tap for his bath (no bubbles not even e45 or oilatum).

I would also use barrier cream in the chin eg sudocrem.

CertificateofExcremence Sun 13-Apr-14 21:58:11

After trying numerous creams on my DD's dry, red cheeks I finally discovered Eucerin Aquaphor which has worked brilliantly. It's expensive but worth it.

ditsydoll Sun 13-Apr-14 22:05:31

Thanks, I will give it a try. Just had a look on Google and it gets some great reviews smile fingers crossed it will help.

SpoonBender Mon 14-Apr-14 09:24:14

Aveeno cream has worked miracles on our little girls skin. She suffered with patches of eczema and a sore chin but after a few days had cleared up completely. You can get it on prescription from the doctors and they do a bath wash aswell.

hotcrosshunny Mon 14-Apr-14 09:27:51

Some of the aveeno products have paraffin in them which made ds's eczema worse!

BocaDeTrucha Mon 14-Apr-14 16:01:37

We're using Lansinoh nipple lanolin as we had it in any way plus it's very safe if he licks it.

SourSweets Mon 14-Apr-14 19:54:47

My 8 month old has this exact thing. I second the oat bath, they're amazing. Also cetraben (moisturiser) works really well for us.

ToniQueensPark Tue 15-Apr-14 15:19:54

Holland & Barrett Aloe Vera Gel Bio Active Skin Treatment
its the only thing that ever worked for me

Bellwether Tue 15-Apr-14 16:50:59

We've sorted it with Aveeno all over and Cetraben on the patches. Steroids when it gets bad.

Apparently the Lush Dream Cream is popular with eczema sufferers, I'm thinking of giving that a go next.

Jen2815 Thu 01-May-14 16:56:16

My son had eczema all over his body which has now cleared up. His chin was red raw and my doctor who is a dermatologist has tried everything (including steroid which I didn't really want to use) I thought it was dribble rash and tried everything including Aveeno, Vaseline, sudocream, Oilatum but nothing worked. My son's chin got infected last week and ended up on antibiotics.

The last two days I started giving him goats milk and now put him back on Aptimil. I have been putting aloe propolis creme on his chin all day also. The difference is amazing, it has nearly gone. His chin has been constantly sore for 6 months and has really been getting me down. Don't know if it's the milk or the cream but will continue to use both from now on as the difference is amazing. All children are different but might be worth a go. Hope this helps

Duac cream is brilliant, it's what I used. They have a shower emollient and a body cream.

Jen2815 Thu 01-May-14 16:57:44

Forgot to mention that he has been on cows milk for 6 months so I have changed him to Aptimil now as he was on this when he was a baby.

hedgehogy Thu 01-May-14 17:09:06

DD gets red patches on her chin every now and again (not eczema, they don't irritate her). Aveeno cream clears them up really quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now